Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Perth District Health Unit
New! Parents Can Now Submit Child Immunization Records Online
It’s now easier for parents to let the Health Unit know when their child has received an immunization.
The Perth District Health Unit keeps immunization records for all children in Perth County. Every time a child receives a vaccine from birth and their yellow card is updated, parents are asked to let the Health Unit know. They can now do so by going to www.pdhu.on.ca/immunization and entering the details online. The information can also be given to the Health Unit by phone, confidential fax, or in person.
The Health Unit collects and maintains immunization records under the authority of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and the Immunization of School Pupils Act for:
- children in licensed childcare centres in Perth County
- students aged 4 to 18 years attending school in Perth County
“Many parents think that doctors send immunization information to the Health Unit, but that is not the case,” says Jennifer Duffin, Public Health Manager. “It’s up to the parents to let us know when their baby or child receives an immunization.” If a child who attends school is not properly immunized, they could be suspended.
There are four easy ways you can let the Health Unit know when a child has received an immunization.
- Online: www.pdhu.on.ca/immunization. Have your child's yellow immunization card handy!
- By Phone: Leave the information on a voice mail (24 hours / 7 days a week). Call 519-271-7600 ext 555; toll-free at 1-877-271-7348 ext 555.
- By Confidential Fax: Send a photocopy of the record to: 519-271-2785.
- In person: 653 West Gore Street, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 1L4, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
519-271-7600 ext 279