Wednesday, June 27, 2012
County of Oxford
Oxford County’s First Annual Report Highlights Achievements, Strong Financial Performance
The County of Oxford released its first annual report publication at County Council this evening, highlighting the County’s achievements, activities and continued strong financial performance in 2011.
One of the key accomplishments noted in the County of Oxford 2011 Annual Report is the introduction of a long-term financial sustainability plan that more closely aligns the County’s fiscal practices with those endorsed by the Public Sector Accounting Board. The County’s financial practices and planning activities resulted in an upgraded credit rating for the County last year, up to an AA-/Positive rating from the AA-/Stable it held for the previous three years.
Highlights of the 2011 Annual Report include:
- information and an infographic about County programs and services;
- an outline of how the County allocates tax dollars collected through levies on property taxes;
- a timeline of achievements by the County, supported by area municipalities; and
- the full consolidated financial statements for the 2011 operating year.
To view the highlights video or access the electronic version of the annual report, visit www.oxfordcounty.ca.
“The County often speaks about its vision of growing stronger by working together. The annual report is a way to show exactly how we are accomplishing that, and how the programs and services we share as area municipalities enhance quality of life for all.”
- Don McKay, Warden, County of Oxford
“At a fundamental level, the annual report demonstrates accountability and transparency in our use of public funds. We hope the report takes a step further in helping people to really understand the range of services we provide and how they can learn more, or even how they can become more involved in local government by learning about our different engagement activities.”
- Lynn Buchner, Treasurer and Director of Corporate Services, County of Oxford
519-539-9800, ext 3503