Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Ministry of Natural Resources
Ontario Celebrates Parks Day 2012
Ontario's provincial parks are celebrating Canada's Parks Day this July 21 by offering a range of special events and activities.
This Saturday, pack up the family and take in one of the many Canada Parks Day events across the province. You can:
Campsites can be reserved online 24 hours a day at OntarioParks.com/welcome or by calling the park reservation line at 1-888-ONT-PARK between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. daily.
"Visiting an Ontario provincial park is a great way to learn something new, be adventurous or just relax with family and friends. From historical sites to beautiful scenery, outdoor recreational activities to special events, our world-class parks offer it all."
- Michael Gravelle, Minister of Natural Resources
- Canada's Parks Day is an annual event that showcases parks and historic sites across the country.
- Ontario Parks brought in almost $63 million in 2011. This revenue was re-invested in Ontario's provincial parks program, supporting jobs and businesses across the province.
- There are more than 330 provincial parks in Ontario, covering nine million hectares and attracting more than 10 million visits each year.
- This summer, more than 1.5 million kids will receive free admission to stay and play in Ontario with the 2012 Fun Pass.
Communications Services Branch