With the overarching aim to optimize individuals’ experiences of diabetes care, the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care has asked that all 14 Regional Coordination Centres (RCCs) conduct consumer (i.e. individuals living with diabetes) consultations to better understand the strengths and limitations in the delivery of diabetes services across the Province.
In the south west, our goal is to offer an open and transparent process which allows individuals living with diabetes an opportunity to have their voices heard regarding:
- What is working well in terms of diabetes care?
- What is not working well in terms of diabetes care?
- What needs to be done to improve access to diabetes services and supports?
- What needs to be done to better coordinate and integrate care for those with diabetes?
- What needs to be done to improve the quality of diabetes care in our region?
The consumer perspective can be captured via use of a simple survey (sensitively designed for varied literacy levels).
The 14-question Diabetes Care Survey may be found by clicking on the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DiabetesCareSurvey
Feel free to complete this survey if you are living with Diabetes and/or support someone who lives with Diabetes. We need your help to improve the delivery of diabetes services across our region.
The South West RCC Team