City of London
The city of London
offers Victorian streetscapes, beautiful trees, quiet neighbourhoods and lovely parks along the winding Thames River. As the largest urban centre in the region, London is internationally recognized as a leader in health care and medical research. Home to quality educational institutions like the University of Western Ontario
as well as world-class entertainment facilities like the John Labatt Centre
, London is an economically diverse and family-friendly community.Across the Area
Please visit the sites below for local news updates, contact information, by-laws, community services and tourism information for the area:
- City of London
- Good Move London - Website designed to help you discover all that London has to offer and provides information that is important in helping to make the decision to relocate to the London community.
- London Cross Cultural Learner Centre - Provides assistance to new comers and minority groups in the London area to enable community involvement, cultural expression and enrichment and the development of political, social and environment awareness.
- London Heritage Council - London Heritage Council acts as the primary resource for programs and services that provide information, education, consultation, and networking opportunities for the entire heritage community.
- London Kiosk - Information about London tourism, attractions, weather, history and cost of living.
- London Tourism - Provides all the tourism information needed to enjoy the many different cultural, leisure, recreational and entertainment activities that London has to offer. All your questions about the London area can be answered by this excellent website.
- Welcome London - Provides information about housing, health care, education, cultural associations and community resources for newcomers to London.
Attractions, Events & Culture
- The Covent Garden Market - Offers organic foods, award-winning meats, ethnic foods, the largest assortment of cheese in Southwest Ontario, tempting sweets, beautiful flowers, and elegant restaurants.
- Grand Theatre - Professional regional theatre.
- John Labatt Centre - A 10,500 seat, multi-use entertainment centre that hosts over 125 events a year including family and variety events, concerts and professional sports.
- London Arts - Lists arts events, organizations, artists and venues in London.
- Museum London - Features art and history exhibits.
- Storybook Gardens - Features a variety of family activities including a summer splash pad and a winter skating trail.
- Sunfest - Celebration of the Global Arts held in Victoria Park featuring over 30 top professional world music and dance and jazz ensembles.
- The Western Fair - Canada's seventh largest fair, the Western Fair runs for 10 days every September attracting over 250,000 tourists.