County of Huron
Located along the east shore of Lake Huron, Huron County is the most agriculturally productive County in Ontario and a leader in numerous areas of agricultural technology and innovation. Here, urban amenities unite with rural benefits making our municipality the right fit for you and your family.
The County of Huron, in cooperation with the Province of Ontario, operates two not-for-profit long term care homes: Huronview in Clinton and Huronlea in Brussels. Residents are provided with support for all their individual care needs through a team approach, including family, health professionals and the local community. Attached to these facilities, the County of Huron provides one and two bedroom apartments available for people 65 years and over.
Huronlea Home is seeking an Administrator to provide day to day management of this 64 bed municipal long term care home, leadership and legislated Administrator services to residents and families, employees and external stakeholders. The Administrator will play a key role in the delivery of services including participation in an outstanding executive team overseeing the two homes.
Region: Huron and Perth
Description: You must have a 3 year post-secondary degree or a 2 year diploma in health or social services and have successfully completed a program in long-term care home administration. Three years working experience in a managerial or supervisory capability in the health or social services sector, preferably in a Long-Term Care home. Human Resources courses (recruitment; marketing; organizational behaviour; organizational development and change management) are required.
- Administrator Role (24 hours per week)
- Act as the Administrator of Huronlea Home as legislated under the Act and Regulations.
- Responsible to administer the Home’s budget as set by Council, and oversees purchasing including procurement, RFPs, Tendering.
- Lead the Home’s employees, including daily management of Payroll, Collective Agreements, Grievances, Schedule Development and Staff Planning, Performance Management, Discipline, Attendance Program and Conflict Resolution, Recruitment, Orientation and Training.
- Ensure compliance of the Home to the LTCH Act and Regulations and all other required legislation, and leads the Home in RQI process.
- Policy Development Oversight for Departments.
- Health & Safety and Worker Incident oversight and responsibility.
- Display collaborative Management Team Leadership and Departmental Goal Setting, participate in Associations and area long term care and provider tables.
- Risk Management/Quality Improvement Plan responsibility.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Home.
- Work cooperatively with Corporate Departments of the County.
- Direct reports include the Huronlea Director of Care and Nutrition Care Manager. (Other managers’ work between Huronlea and Huronview and report to the Huronview Administrator).
- Reports to and acts as back up to the Huronview Administrator in their absence.
- Participates in Manager On Call Rotation.
- Continuous education is expected of the individual in this role.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Human Resources role (16 hours per week) - Work in cooperation with the Director, Social and Property Services, the Administrator of Huronview, Homes’ leadership team and the County’s Human Resources department to fully support the following Homes’ human resources initiatives:
- Homes’ Employee Engagement – Plan and lead change in Homes’ employee engagement. Ensure the Homes’ managers are fostering engagement with their employees. Coach Managers to ensure effective staff meetings and assist with topics for education. Work with union stewards to foster accurate, meaningful and culturally progressive information to the employees.
- Homes’ Recruitment – Assist with implementation of a candidate inventory; advertising and marketing the Homes’ as an employer of choice; build relationships with educational facilities and collaborating with other long-term care facilities. With departmental managers, assess candidates; sign current offer letters for Huronlea employees, etc. Manage the probationary process including monthly performance meetings with employees (re: attendance, attitude, ‘fit’ with Homes culture and service model; and, daily job performance in collaboration with the departmental managers). Plan and implement the orientation program for the Homes.
- Homes’ Employee Performance Management – Oversee the Performance Development (PD)Program at the Homes and ensure the logging of PD completion dates and booking PD appointments for managers and employees to complete. In cooperation with the management team, advise and support in performance management, up to and including discipline. Assist in departmental succession planning as needed. Plays a lead role in abuse allegations or any significant conflict arising between employees and other employees, residents, families or other stakeholders of the Homes.
- Home’s Attendance Management – Develop and implement a plan to lead change in the attendance culture at the Homes.
- Homes’ Employee Wellness – Assist with targeted wellness initiatives and promote staff resilience. Champion the HEART committee. Improve the usage of the County’s E.A.P. program by employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: To be discussed
Terms of Employment: Full time
Deadline for Application: Friday, March 24, 2017
How to Apply: If you are interested in this position, please forward your letter of application and résumé, including an email address, in one PDF document by 4:30PM on the application deadline date. Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Profession Type: Administrative and Clerical