Career Tools for Job Seekers
Organizing yourself to successfully search for the ideal job can be overwhelming. Career tools for job seekers on the Internet are abundant and are provided to the consumer in many different ways.
This section lists websites that provide resume templates, curriculum vitae (CV) advice, tip sheets, interviewing skills and more.
- CanadianCareers.com - Provides career and employment information such as exploring career options, marketing yourself and finding work.
- Employment Ontario - A comprehensive site providing links to useful websites, publications and other valuable learning resources for job seekers; includes a database of all provincially funded employment programs.
- Service Canada: Training, Career and Worker Information - This site provides information about employment and job searching techniques.
- University of Waterloo: Career Development eManual - Features a manual that takes the job seeker through the career planning process from self-assessment to work search to life/work planning. Résumé writing section includes templates, video clips and interactive exercises.
- About.com: Job Searching - Wide range of job searching resources including resume writing and interview tips.
- Job-Hunting-Tips.com: Interview Center - Covers all aspects of the interview including the types of interviews, standard questions, difficult questions and situations, language barriers, thank-you notes and more.
- Quintessential Careers: Job Seekers - Provides job seekers with the tools, resources, and methods to help them find work.
- The Riley Guide - A comprehensive website that provides guidance in all aspects of job search techniques including networking.